QUEEN ESTHER by Sight & Sound Theatres
Set in the opulent yet perilous Persian Empire, QUEEN ESTHER is a captivating tale of beauty and bravery. Esther’s ordinary life changed forever when she was taken through the palace doors, entering a new world of royalty and risk. With a crown on her head and a secret in her heart, can she find the courage to trust in God’s plan and believe that she was made for such a time as this?
Experience one of the most riveting Bible stories of the Old Testament as it comes to life with magnificent sets, special effects and live animals in this brand-new, original stage production from Sight & Sound Theatres.
Sight & Sound Theatres
March 14th, 2020
March 14th, 2020 – December 31st, 2020
- Auditions for the 45-member cast drew applicants from across the country and around the globe.
- The Palace is the single largest moving set piece ever built by Sight & Sound. It’s approximately 70 feet wide, 41 feet deep and 37 feet tall.
- QUEEN ESTHER includes a custom backdrop, made up of 10 individually printed fabric panels, that wrap around the stage behind the city of Susa. Combined the piece is 482 feet long, the total of almost 5 football fields.
- The musical underscore for QUEEN ESTHER was recorded in Prague (Czech Republic), Los Angeles, and Lisbon (Portugal).
- QUEEN ESTHER features 346 costume designs for 959 costumes and 3,210 costume pieces. Sight & Sound seamstresses sewed 13,000 snaps by hand and used 24,000 yards of fabric. That’s enough fabric to wrap the theater 90 times around.
- QUEEN ESTHER will include two Afghan Hounds who will serve as Queen Esther’s pets. Other animals include camels, llamas, donkeys, miniature horses, macaws that fly over the audience, and more!
QUEEN ESTHER CREATIVE TEAM
Producer, Director, Writer & Musical Producer
Associate Producer, Writer, Assistant Director
Associate Music Producer
Paul D. Mills
Aidan Rowe & Kristen Brewer
For tickets, special offers and more information, visit sight-sound.com